Sunday 10 February 2013

One World Week

 Recently, I was lucky enough to encounter the opportunity to photograph some of the events for an event being held by CUSU for One World Week, which is 'a celebration of multiculturalism' held on campus of Coventry University. It was a really good event from what I experienced, I photographed at the Fashion Show and the live music, although I had been planning to also shoot at the dance event and the food festival, but my studies got in the way.
 The fashion show was a long haul, my gift of being patient, (which is the type of gift one usually thinks of as useless and perplexing), came in very handy, as I had to be there from quite early to get shots of hair and make up being done on the models until the end of the show, which went on until very late, and when they did each walk I found that the place to get the best shots was by crouching down at the end of the walk. Good job I have been doing a lot of yoga recently, which I recommend to any photographer!
 This shoot was a great chance for me to try out my new lenses. I recently bought a bundle of Vivitar lenses, which came with oh-so many goodies. For this shoot I took one of my macro lenses and my wide angle lens, which I think were both were good decisions, and certainly gave my shots some style. The macro lenses came in especially handy as there was a stall selling clothing and accessories which had been made by students, so I got some pretty nice close ups here.





 One thing that I wish I had spent more time over before the shoot was in researching how to get better, in focus shots when the subject may be moving, as some of the models didn't stop for very long at the end of the catwalk, and the lighting at times was actually quite dim. All in all I feel that I got some really nice shots here, and have had some nice compliments on my work.

 For the live music event, I went along with more of a casual night in mind, so I didn't bring any of my lenses with me, but being me, I ended up in the thrall of it anyway, as I was there with friends who were filming it anyway. Despite not planning to take so many shots I am still wading my way through the edit; here are a few of my favourites;






Links to Flickr Albums:
Fashion Show
http://www.flickr.com/photos/74391153@N03/sets/72157632660965637/

Live Music
http://www.flickr.com/photos/74391153@N03/sets/72157632661855069/

No comments:

Post a Comment