Friday 12 October 2012

Work For Source Media

 I have recently been taken on as the key photographer for Source Media, which is a great opportunity and already has been a fun,  fulfilling experience which has strengthened my work and motivation. My first job was to photograph the Fresher's Fair at Coventry University which went well, the aim was to make it look busy, exiting and to capture everyone having a good time and getting their freebies. This was a useful experience for me to build on communicating with strangers to take their photo.
 My second job was at the International Civic Reception Event, on Wednesday 10th October, which the Lord Mayor was a guest speaker at. This was a great experience as I have never had to photograph so many people before. The aim was to take as many photos as possible and to make sure there were photos of the guest speakers. I really enjoyed this work as it was exciting, there was a great atmosphere,  canapes, champagne (for those that like it), the hall was decorated very well, I met a lot of people and made new friends, there was also live music and a film. I feel like I did really well to capture the colour and excitement of the evening. Everyone was very eager to get their photo taking with the Mayor or in groups with friends so I was kept busy all evening. I edited the batch of photos straight after and have had a lot of positive feedback and praise for the photos that I took for that job.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74391153@N03/sets/72157631751859735/
(International Civic Reception photographs)

 The next job I took for Source was at the Faktory Night Club, where there was a Welcome Party being held for Bulgarian students and friends. This was on Friday 26th October, and started at 10PM, and I was told that I didn't have to stay for the whole night, but ended up staying until almost 1AM as it was good fun both for work and a night out.
 I'm pretty happy with how the photographs turned out, both the originals and the edits, but I wish I had  taken more. The reason that I didn't take as many as I would have liked is because around a lot of the premises it was very darkly lit, which is something I need to practice with more, as it makes getting the photographs into perfect focus very difficult. I used a flash for some and I took some without, as I like the colours and ambiance that the club had.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74391153@N03/sets/72157631871912777/
(Bulgarian Welcome Party)

No comments:

Post a Comment